Instructions for use
How to use Blücare®
Blücare granules are small, white granules to be sprinkled directly onto your cat’s litter tray. Whether you use our Multi-Detect, Hematuria, or Glycosuria granules, the way you use Blücare granules is the same. The only difference between them is that “Multi-Detect” may turn blue in the presence of glucose or blood, whereas “Hematuria” and “Glycosuria” only detect blood and glucose, respectively.
- Make sure the litter box is clean, with freshly added clay-based clumping litter.
- Disperse a pouch of Blücare granules evenly over the litter.
- Wait at least 2 minutes after your cat’s urine has come into contact with the granules before observing the results.
- Remove urine clumps and stools daily with a litter shovel. Observe the granules that have been in contact with your cat’s urine.
If the granules are WHITE or YELLOW, the test is negative: no blood and/or glucose has been detected.
If you are IN DOUBT about the color of the granules (very light blue or greenish), very small quantities of blood or glucose may be present in the urine. Watch your cat’s behavior carefully and observe the coloration of newly affected granules in the urine for 24-48 hours. If your cat’s behavior is unusual and/or you still observe a bluish discoloration, contact your veterinarian.
In the case of Blücare Hematuria, if you are not using Intersand® litter (OdourLock or Classic), it is possible that your litter is interacting with the granules. If you see a greenish color at the point of contact between the granules and the litter, but the granules themselves are not blue, it’s a reaction from your cat’s litter. Try Blücare Hematuria with a different litter.
If the granules are BLUE, the test is positive. If Blücare has detected blood and/or glucose in your cat’s urine, contact your vet.
How does Blücare work?
Blücare granules turn blue when they come into with blood and/or glucose in the urine. A small amount of red blood cells and/or glucose can suffice for the granules to react, even when there is nothing visible to the naked eye.
- Read the instructions carefully as the results can only be properly interpreted if the instructions and recommendations are followed.
- Single use only. Do not use if pouch is open or damaged.
- Wash your hands with soap after pouring and removing granules, and after cleaning the litter box.
- Store granules in a dry place at room temperature (below 25℃/77℉).
- Test results may be skewed, especially if your cat urinates several times on the same granules. Make sure to remove clumps and stools every day.
- If your cat’s urine contains very few red blood cells and/or a very low amount of glucose, or if the urinary composition is hostile to the colorimetric reaction (high pH, extreme urinary specific gravity, etc), the granules may show no reaction.
- Using or storing the product in ways other than those specified conditions, or not conforming to the indicated restrictions of use, may skew results.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- External use only. Do not swallow.
- Blücare can be used with most cat litters available on the market apart from plant-based litter and litter containing oxidative agents. For better detection, we recommend the use of a clay-based (bentonite) clumping litter.
- Replace your litter box content according to your manufacturer’s instructions. Once sprinkled over the litter, the granules stay effective for 30 days in normal conditions of use (dry place, below 25℃/77℉), not under direct sunlight.
- Please note that traces of blood and/or glucose in your cat urine can be an indicator of a serious health issue. If the granules turn blue (light blue or dark blue) and/or if your cat is showing signs of illness or distress, we recommend you consult your veterinarian.
- Test results may vary based on conditions of use and other factors such as a cat’s diet and medication. Accuracy of results is not guaranteed.
- Blücare Laboratories®’s liability with respect to any claim deriving from, or in relation to, the product or its use shall be limited to the price paid for the purchase of one unit of the product that gave rise to said claim.