Information we collect
You may choose to provide us with personal information in a number of ways, for example when you participate in an offer or promotion, or when you contact us via our site or social media pages. The types of personal information you may provide to us are as follows:
– Personal or business contact information (such as name, address and email address, pet name, breed and type, social media, the name of your company or department, and your job title or professional title) ;
– Demographic information (such as the pet’s age, sex, physical characteristics and health problems);
– The general geographic location (such as country and city) from which a visitor accesses our sites;
– Information you provide by interacting with us on our sites, including by submitting questions, posting comments on our forums and interacting with us via social media;
– Information provided through social media or one of our mobile applications when you visit our social media pages or use one of our mobile applications (such as your name, profile picture, likes, location, friends list and other information described on the social media or application sign-up page, or your geolocation data when you use one of our mobile applications) ;
– The contact details of people with whom you wish to share our content;
– Other information that you may submit to us or that may be included in information provided to us by third parties.
If you provide us or our service providers with personal information about others, you represent that you have the authority to do so and that you authorize us to use such information in accordance with this policy.
When you visit our site, view or click on our online advertisements (including our advertisements on third-party websites), visit our social media pages or download and use one of our mobile applications, we also collect certain information about your usage or device by automated means or by using technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons. As described in more detail below, we may also collect information about your usage and browsing habits using various web-based technologies. The information we may collect automatically is as follows:
– Usage information. When you visit or interact with our sites, we and third-party advertisers and/or service providers may use various technologies that automatically or passively collect information about how our sites are accessed and used (“Usage Information”). Usage Information may include browser type, device type, operating system, application version, page served, time of day, previously viewed pages and your use of our sites’ features or applications, as well as search terms used by visitors to access our sites. This information helps us keep our sites usable for our visitors and allows us to tailor content to a visitor’s interests.
– Device identifier. We automatically collect your IP address or other unique identifier (“Device Identifier”) for the device (computer, cell phone, tablet or other device) you use to access our Sites. A Device Identifier is a number that is assigned to your device when you access a website or its servers, and our computers identify your device by its Device Identifier. We may use a device identifier to, among other things, administer our sites, help diagnose problems with our servers, analyze trends, track users’ web page movements, help identify you and your interests, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
– Cookies; pixel tags. Technologies used on our sites to collect usage information, including device identifiers, include, but are not limited to: cookies (data files placed on a device when it is used to visit our sites), mobile analytics software and pixel tags (a transparent graphic image, sometimes called a web beacon or tracking tag, placed on a web page or in an email, which indicates that a page or email has been viewed). Cookies may also be used to associate you with social networking sites such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google+, Twitter and, if you wish, enable interaction between your activities on our sites and your activities on these social networking sites. We, or our partners, may place cookies or similar files on your device for security purposes, to facilitate site navigation, to perform analytics and to personalize your experience when visiting our sites (for example, by enabling us to select advertisements or offers most likely to interest you, based on your interests, preferences, location or demographic information). A pixel tag may tell your browser to obtain content from another server.
How we use the information we collect
We use the information we collect for a variety of business purposes, including responding to your questions and requests for services, providing you with access to certain areas and features, verifying your identity, communicating with you about your account and your activities on our sites, modifying or changing any of our policies, customizing the content, advertising and offers we provide to you, improving our sites, fulfilling our contractual obligations, as well as for purposes disclosed at the time you provide your personal information or otherwise with your consent. We may also collect information for purposes such as:
- To communicate with you (including by telephone or e-mail) about our products, services, offers, surveys, events and promotions, and to offer you products and services that may be of interest to you;
- To create and manage your online account, including access to your online purchase history, to assist you in selecting and replenishing products online, and to process your payment and/or gift card transactions;
- Publish your testimonials on blucarelab.com, including on our current and future sites, forums, blogs and social media (if we choose to publish your testimonial, we will generally only include your name, title and company name) ;
- Follow up with the people and companies with whom you have shared blucarelab.com content;
- Analyze and improve our marketing communications and lead generation strategies (including whether e-mails sent to you have been received and read);
- To analyze trends and statistics concerning visitors’ use of our sites; and to protect against fraud and unauthorized transactions.
We may combine the information we collect with publicly available information and information we receive from our affiliates, business partners and other third parties. We may use this combined information for the purposes described in this policy. On our sites, we may collect information about your online activities in order to provide you with advertisements about products and services tailored to your interests. You may see certain advertisements on our sites and other sites because we participate in advertising networks. Ad networks allow us to target our ads to users through demographic, behavioral and contextual means. These networks may track your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services, including by collecting information through automated means using cookies, web server logs, web beacons and other methods. These networks may place cookies, web beacons or similar tracking devices while you visit our sites or other sites. The networks use this information to show you advertisements for Blucarelab.com and our business partners that are tailored to your individual interests. They may also use the information they collect for their own purposes. The information collected by our ad network providers includes information about your visits to websites that participate in the providers’ ad networks, such as the pages or ads you viewed, and the actions you performed on the sites. This data collection and ad targeting takes place both on our sites and on third-party websites that participate in ad networks. This process also helps us evaluate the effectiveness of our marketing efforts.
Information we share
We do not sell, rent or otherwise disclose your personal information, except as described in this policy. We may share non-personal information, such as aggregate data and usage information, with third parties. We may share the information we collect with our affiliates, business partners, advertising network providers and their participants, and other third parties for the purposes described in this policy, including to communicate with you about products and services, offers, events and promotions that we think may be of interest to you. We may also share information with our service providers who provide services on our behalf. We do not authorize these service providers to use or disclose information except as necessary to provide certain services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements. We may also share information about you with other third parties where we have given you the opportunity to opt-out of such sharing and you have not done so.
Your privacy rights, choice and access
We offer you certain choices regarding the information we collect from you, how we use and disclose that information, and how we communicate with you.
You control the personal information you provide to us on our sites, but some personal information is necessary for us to provide services to you or for you to use our sites. If you choose not to provide us with your personal information on our sites, you may not be able to take advantage of some of the services we offer or use some of the features of our sites. Except as described above, we will not share personal information collected on our sites with third parties without your consent. You may also ask us to stop sending you promotional e-mails by following the opt-out instructions in any communication you receive from us. Your opt-out request will be processed within a reasonable period of time from the date we receive it. We ask that you do not send us, or disclose, any sensitive personal information (for example, social security numbers, health, biometric or genetic characteristics or other criminal history) on or through the services or in any other way.
If you wish to modify, verify, correct or delete any of your personal information collected on our sites, you may modify your registered user information or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. As part of our ongoing record-keeping activities, we may delete certain files containing personal information that you have provided through our sites. We are under no obligation to retain such personal information indefinitely and disclaim all liability arising out of or in connection with the destruction of such personal information. It is not always possible to completely delete or erase all your information from our databases without leaving residual data due to backups and other reasons. We will retain your information (including geolocation data) for as long as your account is active or as necessary to provide services to you. If you would like to request that we no longer use your information to provide services to you through the Platform, please contact us at email@example.com. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. We do not control certain privacy settings and preferences managed by our social media partners. If you wish to change these settings and preferences, you can do so by visiting the settings page of the relevant social media site.
Your privacy rights in California
If you reside in California, you may request that we provide you with (i) a list of the categories of personal information about you that Blucarelab. com has disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes during the calendar year preceding your request, (ii) the names and addresses of such third parties, and (iii) if the nature of the third parties’ activities cannot reasonably be determined from their names, examples of products or services marketed, if known to Blucarelab.com, sufficient to give you a reasonable indication of the nature of the third parties’ activities. To submit your request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
European and North American users
You have the right to access the personal information we hold about you and to request that it be corrected, updated or deleted. If you wish to exercise this right, please contact us using the details below. In addition, we note that we process your information in order to perform any contracts we may have with you (for example if you place an order through the site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. In addition, please note that your information will be transferred to Canada and the United States.
Bill 25 – Quebec
If you have any questions or concerns about Intersand’s handling of your personal information, or if you wish to make a complaint, please contact our Privacy Officer in writing as follows:
C/O Julien Charbonneau
Intersand, 90, boulevard Marie-Victorin, Boucherville (Québec) J4B 1V6, Canada
By e-mail: email@example.com
Please note that we may verify your identity, request additional information or work with other Intersand departments to respond to you, your concerns or your complaint.
Access and correction
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will give you reasonable access to the personal information we hold about you. We will also give you the opportunity to correct, amend or delete that information if it is inaccurate. We will respond to your request within a reasonable time. We may limit or deny access to personal information where such access is unreasonably burdensome or costly in the circumstances, or where we deem it appropriate. In addition, please note that (i) we may not be able to modify or delete your personal information stored with our third-party service providers, and (ii) we may be required (by law or otherwise) to retain such information and not delete it (or to retain it for a certain period of time, in which case we will only act on your request for deletion once we have complied with such requirements).
Other websites, data processing and guarantees
Our sites may contain links to other sites that we do not own or operate. These include links from advertisers, sponsors and/or partners who may use our logo(s) as part of a co-branding or co-marketing agreement. We do not control, recommend, endorse or are responsible for these sites, their content, products, services or privacy policies or practices. These other sites may send their own cookies to your device, they may collect data or solicit personal information independently and may or may not have their own privacy policies. You should also independently evaluate the authenticity of any site that appears or purports to be one of our sites (including those linked to an e-mail or social networking page). Blucarelab.com complies with all applicable personal data protection laws and regulations, including Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”) and the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”), which aim to provide you with greater control over the use of your data. These laws grant you the right to information, access, rectification, erasure and portability of your personal data, as well as the right to object to the use of your data, all in accordance with these laws. When you visit this site, we may process information about you outside the country in which you are located. By using our services, you consent to the transfer of information to countries other than your country of residence, which may have different data protection rules to those in your country. Under certain circumstances, the courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory bodies or security authorities in these other countries may be authorized to access your personal information. We will protect the information collected on this site as described in this policy. While Blucarelab.com has implemented administrative, technical and physical safeguards to help protect the personal information we collect, please note that no electronic transmission of information can be guaranteed to be completely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have put in place to protect personal information will never be breached or fail, or that these measures will always be sufficient or effective. Please also be aware that we may use third-party cloud service providers who provide hosting, data storage and other services in accordance with terms and conditions that may be non-negotiable; these service providers have informed us or the general public that they apply security measures that they consider adequate for the protection of information within their systems, or that they have a good reputation for applying such measures. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please notify us immediately in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
Our sites are not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose personally identifiable information from persons under the age of 13. If we determine, at the time of collection, that a user is under 13 years of age, we will not use or retain that user’s personal information without the consent of the user’s parent or guardian. If we learn that we have unknowingly collected personally identifiable information from a child under the age of 13, we will use reasonable efforts to delete such information from our records.
As described above, we use your personal information to provide you with targeted advertising or marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you. For more information on how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada (“DAAC”) education page at https://youradchoices.ca/fr/en-savoir-plus/.
You can refuse targeted advertising by clicking on the following links:
– https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads Google
– https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous Bing – https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
In addition, you can opt-out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada’s opt-out portal at https://optout.aboutads.info/?c=3&lang=fr.
If you receive e-mails or regular mail and later decide to unsubscribe and have your name removed from the mailing list, you can do so by e-mailing us at email@example.com.
Links and third parties
From time to time, we may include links to other web sites as a service to you. Third-party sites are operated by companies outside our control, and your activities on those sites will be governed by the policies and practices of those third parties. We encourage you to review the privacy practices of these third parties before disclosing any personally identifiable information, as we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such sites.
Other non-personal information collected by blucarelab.com is in the form of log files – files that record website activity, including the number of “visits” to a particular web page (i.e., “click data”). For example, log file entries are generated each time a visitor clicks on the “Home” icon on our site. These entries allow blucarelab.com to evaluate general site activity, track interest in advertised sales, track interest in purchasing behavior and troubleshoot technical problems. Through the use of log files, we may also collect certain demographic information such as the type of browser you use (e.g., Chrome, FireFox, Internet Explorer), the type of operating system you use (e.g., Windows or Mac OS) and the domain name of your Internet service provider (e.g., Comcast, AT&T).
Who collects my personal data?
Any personal information you disclose while visiting one of our websites is collected by blucarelab.com and used in the manner specified above.
Questions and complaints
* Google’s use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to your users based on their visit to your site and other websites.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, e-mail address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
Last revised: September 5th, 2023